Substance Abuse Recovery Partnership
Yellowstone Country Assistance Network partners with local substance abuse treatment programs to bring their income-eligible clients (125%FPL) financial assistance. The goal is to move the clients to self-sufficiency and economic independence when they graduate from their substance abuse treatment program. Clients work with the case manager in the treatment program to develop a plan to become self-sufficient and continue progress towards their goals. YCAN coordinates services with the case manager to provide the financial piece to help clients overcome barriers.
How to Apply
All clients need to visit their case manager at Park County Court Supervised Treatment Program or Cedar Mountain Center and provide the documentation to complete the application with you! You will need to provide demographic information for your household. We can only pay bills in the household members’ names, so if you have a utility bill in the landlord’s name, we cannot pay it, but we can pay to get it transferred into your name.
- Photo ID – State of Federally-issued. (The direct program r may approve an exception if the customer c n identify themselves by alternative means)
- Proof of Income – Documentation must cover the 30 days before requesting assistance. Income to be documented includes paychecks, benefits, or federal assistance programs. If no payment exists, Applicants may use a self-declaration statement if they have zero income for the past 30 days.
- Applicants and their household members must provide income documentation for every adult (18+) living in the same household.
- Documentation supporting assistance to be provided.
- An IRS form W-9 may be required from the vendor before payment.
Self-Sufficiency is the only program that offers ongoing services to clients in our service area. Therefore, the clients must actively participate in intensive case management services, and the application will be submitted by the case manager or social worker providing the intensive case management.
YCAN must have a new application on file annually. We will also need to verify the applicant’s income every 90 days or 30 days for clients reporting no income.
Your caseworker will also need to provide proof of progress towards the goals you establish the first time you apply. For example, if we pay your rent, you would need evidence that you paid the rent for the next 90 or 180 days on your own without assistance. Other examples are remaining drug and alcohol-free for 90 or 180 days, and your case manager can provide a letter stating this. Program limits are $3500 for applicants demonstrating progress towards their goals and participation in the substance abuse treatment programs.
Each client will meet with their case manager to determine what essential services are needed to become stable and self-sufficient.
- Rent/Deposit Payment
- Motel Nights (homeless)
- Utility or Utility Depoist Payment
- Mortgage Counseling Payment
- Employment Supplies/Uniforms
- Education Supports
- Car Repair, Tires, Bike Purchase for obtaining or maintaining employment
- Dental/Denture Assistance for getting or employment advancement
- Vision Services
- Financial Capabilities Training Payment
- Food or Hygiene Voucher
- Gas or Strait Talk Card for obtaining or maintaining employment
- Car/Insurance Payment for obtaining or maintaining employment
YCAN processes applications we receive Monday – Wednesday of each week. We will let your case manager know the status of your application as soon as eligibility is determined. Approved applications are processed by our outsourced payment center in Cheyenne, Wyoming. They call the vendors and set up payment arrangements, and checks and electronic deposits are made from their office in Cheyenne each Friday. If an application is received on Thursday or Friday, it will be processed the following week. Please note that payments may take up to 14 business days to reach the vendor via USPS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I applied with YCAN but was asked to submit more documents.
A: If you need to provide YCAN with documents, please go to https://ycanhelp.org/document-uploads/, or click the button below.
Q: What happens if I do not provide any documentation to verify income.
YCAN must have Proof of income documentation in the file of each person served through CSBG federal funds. YCAN must also upload this documentation into the state-supported CSBG database for the state office to monitor.
- If anyone in your house has zero income, use this form https://ycanhelp.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/CSP-Declaration-of-Zero-Income.pdf.
- If you are working and don’t have a paystub, use this form https://ycanhelp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Employer-Income-Verificaiton-.pdf.
Your case manager is your point of contact; please address any questions with your case manger first.
Phone: (307) 754-2073 Ext. 1