Disclaimer While Yellowstone Country Assistance Network created this post, YCAN has not vetted anyone who may be added to this post. Therefore, resources included are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of citizens, services, or agencies. Readers are asked to contact these organizations directly for service. This post will be updated as needed.
In an emergency, please call 9-1-1. An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department, or ambulance.
During emergencies and disaster situations, members of the low-income population may be affected disproportionately. As a community service, YCAN provides online community resource lists for emergency situations such as fires, floods, and tornadoes.
If you need to speak with someone regarding resources in your community, we encourage you to call Wyoming 2-1-1. Wyoming 2-1-1, in partnership with the Wyoming Department of Health, is actively responding to the Coronavirus.
- If you would like personal assistance, dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-7138.
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Wyoming Emergency Services
American Red Cross of Wyoming
- Emergency Assistance Housing Natural Disaster Emergencies, Fire, Flood
- Serving Park, Washakie, Hot Springs, & Big Horn Counties
- 318 West B St. Casper, WY 82601
- Phone: (307) 237-8436
- After Hours Emergencies: (307) 222-8272
Wyoming Department of Family Services
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides temporary cash assistance for needy families.
- The POWER Work program
- Helps individuals find employment or other forms of financial stability based specifically on YOUR needs.
- Provides free Child Support assistance.
- The POWER Caretaker Relative program
- Provides cash assistance to family members, such as Grandparents, Aunts or Uncles, who are the primary caregiver to children whose parents are not in the same home and are responsible for the daily care and control of the children.
- Provides free Child Support assistance.
Wyoming Emergency Housing Assistance Program
Please note, YCAN is not affiliated with the Wyoming Housing Assistance Program please contact them directly for assistance.
In April of 2021, the Wyoming Emergency Housing Assistance Program was created to provide rent, utility, and internet assistance to Wyoming residents impacted by COVID-19. Please click on the link below to access COVID-19 rental, utility, and internet assistance. CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR ERAP RENTAL ASSISTANCE.
If you need help accessing ERAP services, each county has a contact agency to help you fill your application; please get in touch with one of the organizations listed below to assist you.
WCDA Disaster/Emergency Relief WCDA LOANS
Disaster/Emergency Housing Relief (307) 265-0603
Wyoming Rapid Response
- This is a one time emergency assistance.
- Available only in Wyoming
- Accessible only through community referral partners (First Stop of Park County or The Help Center at Common Ground)
- Six funding categories (applicant must qualify under one)
- Loss of Home:Due to fire, flood, or other disaster; Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages ; Utilities; Basic Household Items.
- Domestic Abuse: Person fleeing a domestic abuse situation; Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages; Utilities;Basic Household Items
- Avoiding Homelessness: Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages; Utilities; Childcare
- Elderly/Disabled/Homeless Health: 65 years or older OR disabled; Glasses, hearing aids, dentures, etc.;No past bills.
- Elderly/Disabled Home Repair or Basic Needs: 65 years or older OR disabled; Emergency home repair or modification; Furnace, wheelchair ram, walk in shower, etc.
- Funeral Expenses:Immediate family members only; Cost directly associated with cremation or burial.
Wyoming Veteran Services
- Statewide Emergency Services for Veteran Families
- The SSVF Program provides eligible veteran families with outreach, case management,
- assistance obtaining VA benefits, other supportive services and financial assistance.
- Rent/Utility assistance, Rental/Utility deposits, Motel Bill Payment Assistance, Car repair, Bus Ticket, Household goods and food Connection to VA resources/ benefits.
- Call 1-844-486-2838
- https://www.voanr.org/pre-qualify https://www.voanr.org/ homeless-veterans-reintegration-program
- 1301 Rumsey Cody, Wyoming 82414
- (307) 587-6246
- 109 W. 14 Powell, Wyoming 82435
- (307) 754-2245
Hot Springs County
- 403 Big Horn Thermopolis, Wyoming 82443
- (307) 864-2158
- Cody (307) 587-6246
- Powell (307) 899-4196
- Thermopolis (307) 864-3851
- Basin ( 307) 568-3883
Supportive Services for Veteran Families
Local Community Assistance Programs
First Stop of Park County
Hours: Cody Monday – Wednesday 9 am – 5 pm Powell Thursday 9 am – 5 pm
The Heart Mountain Volunteer Medical clinic is located in The Blair Buildings.
Address: 1735 Sheridan Ave, Suite 205, Cody, WY
Phone: 307 296-6706
The Help Center at Common Ground
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
Address: 124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, Wyoming 82443
Phone: (307) 864-3851
Council on Community Services
- Emergency Assistance Powell Residents Only
- Powell Police Department for
- 250 North Clark Powell, Wyoming
- (307) 754-2212
Washakie County Emergnecy Assistance @ WyoHelp
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Available to Carbon, Crook, Goshen, Niobrara, Washakie, and Weston Counties
- Phone: 307-532-0269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply online at https://www.wyohelp.com
Big Horn County Eemergecy Assitance @ Compass Center
- Emergency Financial Assistance (housing, transportation, utilities, food, childcare, mental health, and substance abuse, clothes for work)
- Available to Big Horn County
- Phone: (307) 684-2446
- Apply online at https://forms.gle/6KgNGdBTh5TyDrjB8