Home Ownership Assistance
The resources included in this post are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of citizens, services, or agencies by the Yellowstone Country Assistance Network. You are asked to contact these organizations directly for services, questions, comments, or concerns.
If you need to speak to someone about community homeownership resources available to you, Wyoming 211 connects you with nonprofits and government services in your area. If you would like personal assistance, dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-7138. They are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Wyoming Community Development Authority
WCDA IS THE STATE’S LEADING RESOURCE FOR HOUSING FINANCE.
Since 1975, Wyoming Community Development Authority (WCDA) has made it easier for people across Wyoming to finance their first home.
We provide low-interest single-family mortgages and education to help our customers buy and retain their homes. We also offer unique programs to aid in the sustainability of homeownership. Our down payment assistance program, homebuyer education and counseling, partnerships with developers, and work with nonprofit community organizations make WCDA the State’s leading resource for housing finance.
In addition to its single-family programs, WCDA currently administers several major affordable rental housing development programs; the Low-income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Program, the National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) Program, and the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program. These federal programs have funded more than 5,000 units of affordable rental housing across the state.
WCDA’s Rental Directory provides the names, locations, and contact information for affordable housing developments in Wyoming. Use the Rental Directory Map and choose the location you are interested in.
WCDA Homeowner Program
- COVID Notice To Borrowers
- Phone (307) 265-0603
WCDA Homebuyer Programs
- (307) 265-0603
Are you a Wyoming homeowner who has fallen behind on mortgage payments, utility bills or other housing-related costs? The Wyoming Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) Program focuses on helping Wyoming homeowners, who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and meet eligibility criteria, stay in their homes.
Click the link to visit their page and to apply for help:
Local Community Service Programs
The Help Center at Common Ground
- Available to Hot Springs County Residents
- The Help Center can assist with filling out applications for emergency services.
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
- 124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
- Phone (307) 864-3851
First Stop of Park County
- Heart Mountain Volunteer Medical Clinic is located in The Blair Buildings at 1735 Sheridan Ave, Suite 205, Cody, WY.
- Open Monday through Wednesday, 9-5 Cody
- Open Thursday 9-5 Powell
- Phone: (307) 296-6706
- Email: email@example.com
USDA Rural Development supports rural homeownership through the following programs:
- The Single Family Housing Direct Home Loan Program provides loans directly to families and individuals so they can buy or build homes in rural America.
- Through its Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program, USDA partners with private lending institutions to help families and individuals buy homes in rural areas.
- The Home Repair Loan and Grant Program provide loans and grants to help families and individuals repair and modernize homes, making them safer, healthier places to live.
- The Mutual Self-Help, Housing Grant Program, provides grants to qualified organizations to help them carry out local self-help housing construction projects. Through this program, USDA works with organizations to provide a unique opportunity for families and individuals to lower the overall purchase price of a new home by investing “sweat equity” into its construction.
To learn more about USDA homeownership programs, please visit the Single-Family Housing program webpage or contact the Wyoming Rural Development State Office.
Rural Development provides loans and grants to help expand economic opportunities, create jobs, and improve the quality of life for millions of Americans in rural areas. This assistance supports infrastructure improvements, business development; housing; community facilities such as schools, public safety, and health care; and high-speed internet access in rural, Tribal, and high-poverty areas. For more information, visit www.rd.usda.gov/wy. If you’d like to subscribe to USDA Rural Development updates, visit our GovDelivery subscriber page.
The federal American Rescue Plan Act’s Homeowner Assistance Fund assists homeowners with mortgage and utility cost relief. We are in the early stages of gathering information for this new program. Please often visit, as program updates will be posted here.
Housing Counseling Agencies
If you require counseling for mortgage, default, purchasing a home, or budgeting, some agencies can help you.
Wyoming Housing Network
- Wyoming Housing Network, Inc.
- Financial Management, Budget Counseling,
- Home Improvement and Rehabilitation
- Counseling, Mortgage Delinquency, and Default
- Resolution Counseling, Non-Delinquency Post
- Purchase Workshops Pre-Purchase Counseling.
- fax: 307.472.0893