In an emergency, dial 911 or your local emergency number immediately. An emergencyis any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department or ambulance.
Wyoming Homeless Collaborative
The Wyoming Homeless Collaborative, WHC, is a statewide planning and coordinating group focusing on housing and support services for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. We provide a united voice for designing the homeless system in Wyoming which allows us to access federal, state, and local funds to support the system.
The Wyoming Homeless Services Program partners with the Wyoming Homeless Collaborative to assist individuals (including unaccompanied youth) and families experiencing homelessness.
If you are in need of services please visit
for Community Resources.
To learn more about the Wyoming Homeless Collaborative
please visit https://wyomingwhc.org/
Wyoming Homeless Needs Assessment
Financial Resources for the Homeless
ESG Housing Fund
- Must be homeless or at risk of being homeless. They must be renting and usually behind on rent to qualify for homelessness prevention assistance (HP). If they qualify for HP, then we may be able to assist with utilities.
- Just dial 2-1-1 or the numbers listed for your county.
- Homeless or at Risk of Homelessness Flyer.
Salvation Army Funds
- Cody (307) 587-6246
- Powell (307) 899-4196
- Thermopolis (307) 864-3851
- Basin ( 307) 568-3883
The Help Center at Common Ground
- Available to Hot Springs County Residents
- The Help Center can assist with filling out applications for services.
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
- 124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
- (307) 864-3851
- If you live in Hot Springs County and wish to apply for COVID-19 Help online please Click on this Application Request.
Volunteers of America Wyoming Rapid Response Fund
- Available to Wyoming Residents only
- emergency assistance such as food and clothing, rent and utilities payments, transportation and medical/dental for seniors.
- Phone: 307-672-0475
Volunteers of America Homeless Outreach Program
- The Homeless Outreach Program is a lifeline for our neighbors struggling with homelessness.
- Homeless prevention, rapid rehousing and emergency shelter in the Sheridan community.
- Service coordinators available seven days a week from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Give us a call at (307) 751-5708
Supportive Services for Veteran Families
- Available in Wyoming & Montana
- Rent/Utility Assistance, Rental/Utility deposits, Motel Bill Payment Assistance, Car repair, Bus Ticket, Household goods, and food Connection to VA resources/benefits.
- Veterans facing imminent homelessness or who are currently homeless call Volunteers of America at 1.844.4.VOA.VET to speak with a service coordinator today.
- Pre-qualify: https://www.voanr.org/pre-qualify
Park/Hot Springs County Help
- Referral Based Rapid Rehousing for homeless clients entering Substance Abuse Treatment Programs, Mental Health Treatment Programs or Case Management programs with our community partners https://ycanhelp.org/ycan-help/ .
Park County Wyoming and Hot Springs County Wyoming do not have homeless shelters located in the counties. In the situation of homelessness organizations in the community provide motel vouchers and sometimes gas vouchers to get to the nearest shelter.
Montana Rescue Women & Children’s Shelter
Montana Rescue Mission Men’s Shelter
YWCA Getaway House
909 Wyoming Avenue Billings, MT – 59101
HUB Drop in Center
515 27th Street Billings, MT
While Yellowstone Country Assistance Network created this post, YCAN has not vetted anyone who may be added to this post. Resources included are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of citizens, services, or agencies. This post will be updated as needed.