COVID-19 Prevention, Preparedness, and Response
COVID-19 Resource Links
During emergency and disaster situations, members of the low-income population may be affected disproportionately. Therefore, Yellowstone Country Assistance Network is committed to our mandate as serving as a “clearinghouse on available resources” that will increase individuals’ and families’ ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from a local, state, or national emergency.
COVID-19 Resources By Telephone
Wyoming 2-1-1, in partnership with the Wyoming Department of Health, is actively responding to the Coronavirus. If you require COVID-19 resources by phone, please dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-713
COVID-19 Housing and Utility Assistance Programs
- Please apply to ERAP if you have been unable to make rent, internet, and utility payments due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The ERAP program is NOT run by YCAN it is a federal program operated by Department of Family Services http://DFS.WYO.GOV/ERAP
- Park County (307) 754-4040
- Hot Springs County ( 307) 864-3851
COVID-19 Cody Interfaith COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Available to Park County Residents
- Are you struggling to pay your rent, utilities, prescriptions, or other medical bills because of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Call (307) 587-2696 or Apply Online
COVID-19 St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
- Available to Meeteetse Wyoming Residents
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church has grant money available to help local Meeteetse residents who are struggling due to the Covid-19 virus.
- Contact Meeteetse Library with any questions or to pick up an application.
COVID-19 Eviction Assistance Programs
If facing eviction, please get in touch with Legal Aid of Wyoming. Visit www.lawyoming.org or call 1-877-432-9955 for Legal Aid. In addition, they may be able to provide other legal assistance to eligible ERAP renters living in Wyoming.
COVID-19 The Help Center at Common Ground (Hot Springs)
- One-Stop-Shop for assistance programs for Hot Springs County Residents
- The Help Center can assist with filling out applications for services.
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
- 124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
- (307) 864-3851
COVID-19 Salvation Army Funds
- Cody (307) 587-6246
- Powell (307) 899-4196
- Thermopolis (307) 864-3851
- Basin ( 307) 568-3883
COVID-19 Homeless Prevention Programs
The Wyoming Emergency Solutions Grant has financial assistance for the homeless or at risk of being homeless. Call Wyoming 2-1-1 or your county contact listed below. Park and Hot Springs Counties: (307) 672-0475 or (307) 751-5708
COVID-19 Housing Stability Services for Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities
Seniors and individuals with disabilities may require specialized services to support their ability to access and maintain housing. The Wyoming Department of Health’s Aging Division is administering ERAP funding for Housing Stability Services. You must apply and be approved for ERAP before using Housing Stability Services. Visit health.wyo.gov and search for “ERAP-HSS” or call 307-777-7988.
- Home Modifications
- Trailer/Mobile Home Repairs
- Homemaking Services
- Personal Care – Skilled Nursing Services
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Information technology hardware to facilitate telehealth
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Independent living skills
- Hoarding Services
COVID-19 Homeowners Assistance
The federal American Rescue Plan Act’s Homeowner Assistance Fund assists homeowners with mortgage and utility cost relief. We are in the early stages of information gathering for this new program. Please often visit as they will post program updates here.
- Applications are not yet available. Please keep checking back for updates.
- The program would be open to Wyoming homeowners who are struggling to pay mortgages and utility payments because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are in the early stages of information gathering for this new program. Additional Assistance: For information on other assistance that may be available in your area, please continue to contact Wyoming 211 by dialing 2-1-1.
COVID-19 Internet Assistance
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit
COVID-19 At-Home Testing
Wyoming offers free at-home COVID-19 testing through a company called Vault Health. These tests are available to Wyoming residents at no cost; insurance is not necessary.
CONTACT INFO: 1-877-996-9000
What is YCAN COVID-19 Help
- One Time COVID-19 Non Emergency Financial Assistance after all other COVID-19 resources have been exhausted.
- Available only in Park and Hot Springs Counties
- Gross Income must be below 125% of the 2021 HHS FPL
- Assessable through community referral partners
- Services must be related to a COVID-19 impact
YCAN COVID-19 Help Categories
- Food/Hygiene Supplies
- Medical Assistance
- Dental Assistance
- Education Supports
- Employment Supports
Apply with a Community Referral Partner
Monday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
128 N. Bent Street
Powell, Wyoming 82435
1501 Stampede Avenue, Suite 2058
808 Meadow Lane Ave.
Cody, WY 82414
The Help Center in Thermopolis
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
9-5 Monday through Thursday
The clinic is located in The Blair Buildings at 1735 Sheridan Ave, Suite 205, Cody, WY.
Phone: (307) 296-6706
Referral Partner Responsibilities
- A Community Referral Partner agency meets with the individual/family to complete and submit the YCAN application.
- YCAN reviews the application, verifies for eligibility, and approves the request.
- Checks are processed from YCAN’s Cheyenne payment center and sent directly to the vendor or landlord.
- The Referral Partner acts as the point of contact with the applicant.
- We do understand an individual or family member may be facing a one time situation and just want to apply anonymously online for help. We are offering an online contactless application.
- This is for one-time COVID-19 help only.
- Click the link below and complete the online intake, you can take pictures with your phone to upload all of the required documents, you may save the application to complete if you do not have all the documentation ready. Once the application you press submit and we will receive the application electronically.
- We will contact you within 14 business days with your application status.
YCAN developed the program under federal grant #93.569, Community Services Block Grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services through the Administration of Children and Families, Office of Community Services, and the State of Wyoming, Department of Health, Public Health Division, Rural and Frontier Health, Community Services Program. However, you should not assume endorsement by the federal or state government.