About the Tripartite Board
In 2007, the Park County Tripartite Board organized the Yellowstone Country Assistance Network of Park County, Wyoming, a 501 (c) 3, to administer the Park County CSBG grant and offer competitive grants to local organizations and agencies programs for low-income families in Park County & Hot Springs Counties in Wyoming. For our communities to succeed, the community must be involved and be represented on the Board of Directors.
- At least one-third of democratically selected representatives of the low-income community;
- One-third of local elected officials (or their representatives) and;
- The remaining members of major groups of interests in the community.
Our current board structure:
- Park County – Elected Offical Powell
- Park County – Elected Offical Cody
- Park County – Low Income Representative
- Park County – Major Groups of Interest
- Big Horn County – Low Income Representative
- Hot Springs County – Low Income Representative
Democratically elected representatives of the low-income community know poverty problems; Representatives of low-income individuals and families in the neighborhood served. No requirement exists for the representatives to be low-income themselves. However, the representatives should have a strong voice in the organization’s governance and direction.
Local elected officials (or their representatives) formally represent both the public and the local government; Public Officials or their appointed representatives may serve while they remain in office or until the next annual meeting after leaving office, with no longer than four (4) years term.
The remaining membership from major groups and interests in the community because the agency cannot succeed without the support and participation of the other service agencies, private employers, churches, unions, law enforcement, etc.
Board Member Selection Procedures
The Tripartite Board has written procedures that document a democratic selection process for low-income board members adequate to assure that they are representative of the low-income community.
New Board Member Application
YCAN is recruiting for a Low-Income Sector Board Member who can represent low-income residents in Park County, Wyoming.
Apply to Be A Volunteer Board Member
Board Meeting Schedule
The board meets in accordance with the frequency and quorum requirements and fills board vacancies as set out in its bylaws. “The Yellowstone Country Assistance Network’s Bylaws require the board to meet (4) four times per year, including an annual meeting in October each year”.
YCAN Fiscal Year 2021 Schedule (September 1, 2021 – August 31, 2022)
- Special Board Meeting September 28, 2021 Noon
- Annual Meeting FFY2020 October 26, 2021 Noon
- Regular Meeting December 21, 2021 Noon
- Regular Meeting March 1, 2022 Noon
- Special Meeting April 27, 2022 Noon
- Public Hearing Special Meeting May 10, 2022 Noon
- Regular Meeting June 21, 2022 Noon
- Regular Meeting August 23, 2022 Noon
You can find our meetings on our Facebook Page