Rental Assistance Programs
The resources included in this post are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of citizens, services, or agencies by the Yellowstone Country Assistance Network. You are asked to contact these organizations directly for services, questions, comments, or concerns.
If you need to speak to someone about community rental resources available to you, Wyoming 211 connects you with nonprofits and government services in your area. If you would like personal assistance, dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-7138. They are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In Person Rent Assistance Help
If you would like to sit down and discuss your current needs, please visit a One-Stop in Park or Hot Springs County. The centers’ clients receive help applying for various social services to meet their essential needs. One-Stop partners serve as the front door to financial assistance with Yellowstone Country Assistance Network.
The Help Center at Common Ground
- Available to Hot Springs County Residents
- The Help Center can assist with filling out applications for emergency services.
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
- 124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
- Phone (307) 864-3851
First Stop of Park County
- Heart Mountain Volunteer Medical Clinic is located in The Blair Buildings at 1735 Sheridan Ave, Suite 205, Cody, WY.
- Open Monday through Wednesday 9-5 Cody
- Open Thursday 9-5 Powell
- Phone: (307) 296-6706
Wyoming Rapid Response
- This is a one time emergency assistance.
- Available only in Wyoming
- Accessible only through community referral partners (Visit a One Stop to access)
- Phone: 307-672-0475 or https://www.voanr.org/wyoming-rapid-response-fund
- Six funding categories (applicant must qualify under one)
- Loss of Home:Due to fire, flood, or other disaster; Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages ; Utilities; Basic Household Items.
- Domestic Abuse: Person fleeing a domestic abuse situation; Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages; Utilities;Basic Household Items
- Avoiding Homelessness: Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages; Utilities; Childcare
Supportive Services for Veteran Families
- Provides eligible veteran families with outreach, case management, assistance obtaining VA benefits, other supportive services, and financial assistance.
- Rent/Utility Assistance, Rental/Utility deposits, Motel Bill Payment Assistance, Car repair, Bus Ticket, Household goods, and food Connection to VA resources/ benefits.
- Call 1-844-486-2838 or use the link below to pre-qualify.
Washakie County Rent Help @ WyoHelp
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Available to Carbon, Crook, Goshen, Niobrara, Washakie, and Weston Counties
- Phone: 307-532-0269
- Email: email@example.com
- Apply online at https://www.wyohelp.com
Big Horn County Rent Help @ Compass Center For Families
- Emergency Financial Assistance (housing, transportation, utilities, food, childcare, mental health, and substance abuse, clothes for work)
- Available to Big Horn County
- Phone: (307) 6842446
- Apply online at https://forms.gle/6KgNGdBTh5TyDrjB8
- Cody (307) 587-6246
- Powell (307) 899-4196
- Thermopolis (307) 864-3851
- Basin ( 307) 568-3883
Homeless Prevention Programs
The Wyoming Emergency Solutions Grant has financial assistance for the homeless or at risk of being homeless. Call Wyoming 2-1-1 or your county contact listed below. Park and Hot Springs Counties: (307) 672-0475 or (307) 751-5708
Find Affordable Housing Units
Click the links below for a listing of affordable rental units in Wyoming.
Find Housing Subsidies
You may want to look into housing subsidies if you cannot make regular monthly rent payments.
Section 8 Housing
Powell, WY 82435
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday
Cheyenne Housing Authority
- Main Line: (307) 633-8333
- Senior Services Main Line: 307-635-2435
- Family Self Sufficiency: (307) 633-8329
- VASH: (307) 633-8329
Find Housing Counseling Agencies
If you need counseling for a mortgage, default, purchasing a home, or budgeting, we have listed some agencies that can help you.
Wyoming Housing Network
- Wyoming Housing Network, Inc.
- Financial Management, Budget Counseling,
- Home Improvement and Rehabilitation
- Counseling, Mortgage Delinquency, and Default
- Resolution Counseling, Non-Delinquency Post
- Purchase Workshops Pre-Purchase Counseling.
- Phone (307) 472-584
- Website: www.whninc.org
Wyoming Community Development Authority
WCDA Homeowner Program
- COVID Notice To Borrowers
- Phone (307) 265-0603
WCDA Homebuyer Programs
- (307) 265-0603
Condition of Rental Checklist
This is a condition of the rental property checklist you can use when renting a new house or apartment.
If facing eviction, don’t hesitate to contact Legal Aid of Wyoming. Visit www.lawyoming.org or call 1-877-432-9955 for Legal AIn addition, then they may be able to provide other legal assistance to eligible ERAP renters living in Wyoming such as:
- Lease agreement advice/negotiation
- Eviction defense
- Disputes that could lead to eviction
- Financial issues directly related to the home you rent (disputes about security deposits, damages claims, late fees, etc.)
- Issues related to the safety of the home you rent
- Financial matters affecting your ability to maintain or obtain housing such as debt collection defense; federal benefits (SSI/SSDI); employment matters (FMLA, disability accommodations); and consumer protection actions to obtain tenant funds lost to scams.
The Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault provides legal aid services for survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking. These legal services are for eligible ERAP renters living in Wyoming. Visit www.wyomingdvsa.org/legal-program or call 307-755-0992.
DFS is working with the WCDA to test the application process. If you have a delinquent mortgage with the WCDA, you may receive an invitation from the WCDA to apply for HAF funds to reinstate your mortgage. If you have questions about this pilot program, please get in touch with WCDA at HAFassistance@wyomingcda.com or DFS at firstname.lastname@example.org.