Emergency Rent Assistance COVID-19
Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
Do you rent your home in Wyoming and have been unable to make rent, internet, and utility payments due to the COVID-19 pandemic? You may be eligible for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), which opened on April 29 for applications at DFS.WYO.GOV/ERAP.
- Park County Contact: Hope Luthern Church (307) 754-4040
- Hot Springs County Contact: The Help Center ( 307) 864-3851
- Big Horn County Contact: CARES (307) 568-3334 Basin (307) 548-2300
- Washakie County Contact: WyoHelp (307) 532-0269
ESG Housing Fund
The Wyoming Emergency Solutions Grant has financial assistance for those who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
- Call Wyoming 2-1-1 or your county contact listed below.
- Park and Hot Springs Counties: (307) 672-0475 or (307) 751-5708
- Homeless or at Risk of Homelessness Flyer.
Cody Interfaith COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Available to Park County Residents
- Are you struggling to pay your rent, utilities, prescriptions, or other medical bills because of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Cody Interfaith COVID-19 Relief Fund can help Call (307) 587-2696 or
- Click the link Apply Online
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
- Available to Meeteetse Wyoming Residents
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church has grant money available to help local Meeteetse residents who are struggling due to the Covid-19 virus. Contact Meeteetse Library with any questions or to pick up an application.
Other Rent Assistance Programs
Volunteers of America Wyoming Rapid Response Fund
- Available to Wyoming Residents only
- emergency assistance such as food and clothing, rent and utility payments, transportation, and medical/dental for seniors.
- Phone: (307)672-0475
Supportive Services for Veterans Families
- Rent/Utility Assistance, Rental/Utility deposits, Motel Bill Payment Assistance, Car repair, Bus Ticket, Household goods, and food.
- Connection to VA resources/benefits.
- Call: 1.844.4.VOA.VET
- Pre-qualify: https://www.voanr.org/pre-qualify
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families
Council on Community Services
- Available to Powell Wyoming Residents
- One-Time Emergency Assistance
- Apply in person at Powell Police Department 250 N. Clark Street Powell, WY
- Phone (307) 754-2212 Powell Police Dept.
Salvation Army Funds
- Cody (307) 587-6246
- Powell (307) 899-4196
- Thermopolis (307) 864-3851
- Basin ( 307) 568-3883
The Help Center at Common Ground (Hot Springs)
- One-Stop-Shop for assistance programs for Hot Springs County Residents
- The Help Center can assist with filling out applications for services.
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
- 124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
- (307) 864-3851
Park County Help
- We assist Park County Residents referred by their case manager to overcome the barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Case Managers can access these services through our secure Portal. In addition, community Partners may apply for short-term and long-term assistance on behalf of clients they are case managing.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on becoming a community partner!
- Open Monday – Wednesday 9 am to 1 pm.
WyoHelp (Washakie County)
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Available to Carbon, Crook, Goshen, Niobrara, Washakie, and Weston Counties
- Phone: 307-532-0269
- Email: email@example.com
- Apply online at https://www.wyohelp.com
Compass Center For Families
- Emergency Financial Assistance (housing, transportation, utilities, food, childcare, mental health, and substance abuse, clothes for work)
- Available to Big Horn County
- Phone: (307) 6842446
- Apply online at https://forms.gle/6KgNGdBTh5TyDrjB8
Affordable Housing Units
Click the links below for a listing of affordable rental units in Wyoming.
If you are unable to make regular monthly rent payments you may want to look into housing subsidies.
Cheyenne Housing Authority
- Main Line: (307) 633-8333
- Senior Services Main Line: 307-635-2435
- Family Self Sufficiency: (307) 633-8329
- VASH: (307) 633-8329
Housing Counseling Agencies
If you are in need of counseling for mortgage, default, purchasing a home or budgeting there are agencies who can help you.
Wyoming Housing Network
- Wyoming Housing Network, Inc.
- Financial Management, Budget Counseling,
- Home Improvement and Rehabilitation
- Counseling, Mortgage Delinquency and Default
- Resolution Counseling, Non-Delinquency Post
- Purchase Workshops Pre-Purchase Counseling.
- Phone (307) 472-584
- Website: www.whninc.org
Wyoming Community Development Authority
WCDA Homeowner Program
WCDA Homebuyer Programs
- (307) 265-0603
Resources By Telephone
- Wyoming 211 connects you with nonprofits and government services in your area.
- If you would like personal assistance, dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-7138.
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
While Yellowstone Country Assistance Network created this post, YCAN has not vetted anyone who may be added to this post. Resources included are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of citizens, services, or agencies. This post will be updated as needed.(Edit)