- The CDC’s order does not waive or cancel any rental payments or fees, penalties, or interest owed for failing to pay rent on time. Tennants will still owe rent, and the landlord may require the tenant to pay any unpaid rent in full at the end of the eviction moratorium on December 31, 2020.
Statewide Housing Programs
WEHAP Phone: 307-253-1089
Homeless or at Risk of Homelessness funds are being dispersed by 6 agencies statewide.
- Wyoming 2-1-1 – Statewide Dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-7138
- Hot Springs & Park Counties 307-672-0475 or 307-751-5708
- Rent/Utility Assistance, Rental/Utility deposits, Motel Bill Payment Assistance, Car repair, Bus Ticket, Household goods, and food Connection to VA resources/benefits.
- Veterans facing imminent homelessness or who are currently homeless call Volunteers of America at 1.844.4.VOA.VET to speak with a service coordinator today.
- Call: 1.844.4.VOA.VET
- Pre-qualify: https://www.voanr.org/pre-qualify
Local Assistance ProgramsLocal programs have limited funding, and in times of economic uncertainty, they are the first place people go, and the first places funding runs out of assistance. Keep in mind local programs are not funded with millions of dollars per year. They rely on grants and donations to run their programs. The Help Center at Common Ground
- Serves as a “front door” for Yellowstone Country Assistance Network’s services in Hot Springs County.
- (307) 864-3851
- 124 North 5th Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon – 3 pm
- Apply online at https://ycanhelp.org/covid-19-relief/
- COVID-19 Relief Fund is here to help click the green link or
- Call 587-2696.
Low Income Housing Programs
- Cheyenne Housing Authority (Section 8 Housing)
- Housing Choice Voucher. Choice Voucher’s Fact Sheet. Click here
- Main Line: (307) 633-8333
- TTY: (800) 877-9965
- Cody & Powell: (307) 272-7539
- Section 8 Housing Application Tips
Low Income Housing Directory
- If you need Mortgage Assitance or Mortgage Counseling, dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-7138.
- Wyoming Housing Network, Inc.
- Financial Management, Budget Counseling,
- Home Improvement and Rehabilitation
- Counseling, Mortgage Delinquency and Default
- Resolution Counseling, Non-Delinquency Post
- Purchase Workshops Pre-Purchase Counseling.
- Phone (307) 472-584
- Website: www.whninc.org