While Yellowstone Country Assistance Network created this post, YCAN has not vetted anyone who may be added to this post. Resources included are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of citizens, services, or agencies. This post will be updated as needed.
Statewide Utility Programs
If you need to speak to someone about community utility resources available, Wyoming 211 connects you with nonprofits and government services in your area. If you would like personal assistance, dial 2-1-1 or 888-425-7138. They are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Available to Wyoming Residents only
- What kinds of services does LIEAP provide?
- Help to pay heating bills during the winter months (this is a seasonal benefit);
- Emergency services for special situations such as utility shutoffs; and,
- Eligibility consideration for the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Call 800-246-4221 for help with LIEAP-related questions lieapwyo.org
- The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) helps households save money on home heating costs by improving energy efficiency. Weatherizing homes often means adding more insulation and sealing leaks around doors and windows, and it always includes essential health and safety checks. An energy audit determines which weatherization measures will get the biggest bang for the weatherization dollars spent on each home. Weatherization can save 5-25 percent on home heating bills.
- Call 800-246-4221
Energy Share of Wyoming
- Available to Wyoming Residents only
- The program provides a one-time disbursement of up to $400 per household for energy costs.
- Email Audrey.Apodaca@usw.salvationarmy.org
- Copy of ID
- Most Recent Utility Bill
- Most Recent Proof of Income
- Proof of Crisis in the last 30 days (what occurred, causing the client to fall behind)
Wyoming Rapid Response
- This is a one-time emergency assistance.
- Available only in Wyoming
- Accessible only through community referral partners (Visit a One Stop to access The Help Center Thermopolis or The First Stop of Park County Help Center )
- Phone: 307-672-0475 or https://www.voanr.org/wyoming-rapid-response-fund
- Six funding categories (applicant must qualify under one)
- Loss of Home:Due to fire, flood, or other disasters; Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages; Utilities; Basic Household Items.
- Domestic Abuse: Person fleeing a domestic abuse situation; Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages; Utilities; Basic Household Items
- Avoiding Homelessness: Rent and/or deposit – No mortgages, Utilities; Childcare
Supportive Services for Veteran Families
- Provides eligible veteran families with outreach, case management, assistance obtaining VA benefits, other supportive services, and financial assistance.
- Rent/Utility Assistance, Rental/Utility deposits, Motel Bill Payment Assistance, Car repair, Bus Ticket, Household goods, and food Connection to VA resources/ benefits.
- Call 1-844-486-2838 or use the link below to pre-qualify.
- Lifeline is a federal discount program that lowers the monthly phone or internet service cost.
- The program is open to anyone enrolled in SNAP, LIEAP, Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, or Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- Your telephone company can give you details on how you can benefit.
- Please visit the Lifeline National website at https://www.lifelinesupport.org for more information.
Local Utility Programs
CSBG Park and Hot Springs Co. Utility Assistance
Utility Financial Assistance through CSBG funds in Park and Hot Springs Counties is available to residents in Park or Hot Springs Counties at or below 125% of the FPL. This program has limits of $200-$300 per household; you may be required to pay a portion of the services requested or make payment arrangements with your utility company or LIEAP for the remaining balance. Utilities must be in the name of the applicant, and we will not consider utility bills in someone else’s name as we cannot determine the income eligibility of that person. Applications can be completed at the following locations:
The Help Center Thermopolis Phone: (307) 864-3851
The First Stop of Park County Help Center Phone:(307) 296-6706
Salvation Army Funds
- Cody (307) 587-6246
- Powell (307) 899-4196
- Thermopolis (307) 864-3851
- Basin ( 307) 568-3883
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Available to Carbon, Crook, Goshen, Niobrara, Washakie, and Weston Counties
- Phone: 307-532-0269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply online at https://www.wyohelp.com