Wyoming Department of Family Services
|Wyoming Department of Family Services County Locations|
|Powell County Annex109 W. 14th St|
|Park County Complex|
1501 Stampede Ave,
|Hot Springs County|
403 Big Horn
Thermopolis, Wyoming (307) 864-2158
- Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is separate from SNAP and helps supplement the diets of low-income Americans, including elderly people, by providing them with emergency food and nutrition assistance at no cost. You are eligible for TEFAP assistance if your gross household income does not exceed 130% of the current federal poverty level. Check this income table for more information.
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides monthly benefits that help low-income households buy the food they need for good health.
- Cent$ible Nutrition Program offers free cooking and nutrition education classes for children and adults throughout WY.
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) The final rental and utility assistance payments from Wyoming’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) will be for the month of June. Households will continue to receive payments if they are eligible and approved and funding is available.
- Wyoming Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) Program focuses on helping Wyoming homeowners, who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and meet eligibility criteria, stay in their homes.
- Low-Income Energy Assistance (LIEAP), Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), and Low-Income Home Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) LIEAP pays part of winter home heating bills for eligible people (October through February). WAP helps eligible homes become more energy efficient. LIHWAP provides funds to assist low-income, qualified households with water and wastewater bills.
- Child Care Financial Assistance in Wyoming, The Child Care Subsidy Program, helps low-income families pay for the cost of care when the parent(s) are searching for employment, working, in school, or training.
- TANF/POWER Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides temporary cash assistance for families in need.
- The Wyoming Child Support Program, within the Wyoming Department of Family Services, will provide services to find parents, establish paternity, establish child support and medical support orders, enforce child support and medical support orders, and review and modify existing orders. We also receive and disburse child support payments. We serve any person who fills out an application.
- Elderly & Disabled Programs Adult protective services and Assistance Programs